Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    jumper12
    Participant

I have a 2022 PR7 that came with a Samsung Android tablet. The tablet prompted me to update the system which I did. That resulted with the tablet telling me that there is a bug in the DMDv2 and it will not allow it to operate, either at startup or manually. How do I fix this? Do I uninstall DMDv2 and then reinstall it or what.

I am not the best with computers, but if I get clear instructions, I can usually make something work.

Thanks,

Urban

jrhbonneville
    Participant

Hello Urban,

I had exactly the same situation and problem with my Galaxy (PR7 2022 model, bought from new). My dealer put me in touch directly with MHB Motorcycles up in Cumbria 017683 71070 (main UK AJP dealers I believe), I spoke with a very helpful guy (Ryan – I think?), the end result was send the Galaxy back to him and he reset it –  all sorted. Hope this helps.

jumper12
    Participant

I suppose I could send it to England, but I’m in the US. That gives me the idea that I could call me dealer here and get it fixed, or maybe the importer.

Thank you,

Urban

João Pereira
    Keymaster

Please try this:

– First open the Google Play Store and check for app updates, make sure everything is updated.
    – Go to Android settings > Applications > search for DMD2 and click on it, now search for a button that says “CLEAR STORAGE” and clear DMD2 Storage.
    – Now open DMD2 again and check if it fixed it

DMD2 Project Manager & Lead Developer
    Buy Me a Coffee

jumper12
    Participant

I updated DMD2, went to apps opened DMD2 and cannot find “clear storage”. I get a flashing tab on the left side that has a gear in it, I tried that, but nothing opens up. Can’t find “clear storage”.

Your thoughts?

Urban

jumper12
    Participant

I must have gone in the wrong direction because all of my mileage, hours and whatever else was stored has disappeared. I did do the update first, it was needed. I hope it can be restored.

Any other ideas?

Urban

João Pereira
    Keymaster

I must have gone in the wrong direction because all of my mileage, hours and whatever else was stored has disappeared. I did do the update first, it was needed. I hope it can be restored. Any other ideas? Urban

That means the app storage was deleted, and no there is no way to restore it… still those values are Trip values, which you should reset before every trip.
    The only value you might want to restore would be the ODO, which if you have an AJP PR7 you should not be using it since the motorcycle includes already an odo…. either way, this can be manually set too.

DMD2 Project Manager & Lead Developer
    Buy Me a Coffee

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.