Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    brock
    Participant

Hey guys.

Firstly – just wanted to say that I’m loving the DMD2 and adventure controller!

One small issue I’m having is that the ‘plus’ button doesn’t seem to zoom the map in, in fact it doesn’t appear to have any action. The ‘minus’ button zooms the map out, and everything else seems to work normally.

Am I missing something simple here?

Thanks, Brock.

John DEV
    Keymaster

Hey guys. Firstly – just wanted to say that I’m loving the DMD2 and adventure controller! One small issue I’m having is that the ‘plus’ button doesn’t seem to zoom the map in, in fact it doesn’t appear to have any action. The ‘minus’ button zooms the map out, and everything else seems to work normally. Am I missing something simple here? Thanks, Brock.

Do you have the Carpe Control app, if not please install it and follow instructions.
    Do you by any chance use the Software Keyboard app from Microsoft? That keyboard is garbage and causes a lot of issues.
    What is your system language?

DMD2 Project Manager & Lead Developer
    Contribute to DMD2 Translations | Buy Me a Coffee

brock
    Participant

I do have the carpe control app. I’ve looked through settings on that app as well as DMD2, and couldn’t find any setting that related to zooming on the map page.

I do have the Microsoft keyboard app. I’ll remove that and re-test when I get a moment.

My phone is in English – is that what you mean?

I’ll report back when I have a chance to test the removal of the Microsoft keyboard app.

Thanks for you help!

Brock.

John DEV
    Keymaster

I do have the carpe control app. I’ve looked through settings on that app as well as DMD2, and couldn’t find any setting that related to zooming on the map page. I do have the Microsoft keyboard app. I’ll remove that and re-test when I get a moment. My phone is in English – is that what you mean? I’ll report back when I have a chance to test the removal of the Microsoft keyboard app. Thanks for you help! Brock.

Almost sure the issue is being caused by the Microsoft Keyboard app, we did have another user with the same problem and the culprit was indeed Microsoft Keyboard… god knows what its doing to be able to cause such issue.

brock
    Participant

An update as promised.

I uninstalled the Microsoft keyboard and connected the Bluetooth controller  and straight away it worked perfectly. Zoom in and out in map view is now fixed.

Thanks very much for you help, great customer service.

Thanks again, Brock.

fsackx
    Participant

Hi, I have the same issue, zoom in is not working with carpe controller.

DMD2 and carpe controller app installed on a Samsung Active 2 tab.

I can’t see any Microsoft Keyboard app (and I don’t understand why I would have a Microsoft app installed on an Android device …)

Please help.

John DEV
    Keymaster

Hi, I have the same issue, zoom in is not working with carpe controller. DMD2 and carpe controller app installed on a Samsung Active 2 tab. I can’t see any Microsoft Keyboard app (and I don’t understand why I would have a Microsoft app installed on an Android device …) Please help.

Until we figure out whats causing this I would recommend installing Google Keyboard and make it your default software keyboard.
    A) Because its the best
    B) Because some keyboard apps are doing some weird key intercept and replace… which is fishy as hell

Tomppa65
    Participant

Carpe Adventure controller issues.

Because I am so happy with DMD2 beta I bought the controller. DMD2 is working with it very good. Osmand+ is working only in portrait mode with all functions. In landscape mode (can not install it on the bike in portrait) only zooming is working. In google maps I have nearly no function. I am on the latest firmware 3.0 and I do not have any Microsoft keyboard installed. Anything I can do to make Osmand and Maps work??

Regards

Thomas

• This reply was modified 12 months ago by Tomppa65.
    Mr. DVS
    Participant

<p style=”text-align: left;”>I registered to post up that this is still an issue.</p>
    I couldn’t get the zoom out button to be recognized in the Carpe Iter Controller app.

I found this thread and uninstalled Microsoft SwiftKey Keyboard and boom no more issue.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.