rrawer
Participant

Sorry – Maybe I’m just to stupid to use the function correctly :-))

So, I go to the maps view and select the POI Gas Stations. So I get the list with the gas stations according to distance (certainly very useful!). So I select one and I get the preview of the location on the map in a semi-transparent map view – however, this preview (transparent map view) only stays there for a few seconds then it disappears again (list view without the preview map)  – its simply to fast to find your way in this preview. Maybe this is a bug on my Samsung device?

So there are two points:

1)  when the map would be more dominant in this view it would be much easier to read

2) it would help if the preview map would not automatically disappear after a few seconds but if you could either have a close button for the preview or it simply stays active until you select the next POI in the list or close the POI list…

In addition: Now since it is only displayed for a few seconds so far  it is really hard to gasp where the gas station is located on the map (find the green flag) and where that is in relation to my current position and maybe in how much distance to the currently active track.
If the preview however would stay longer, for the example of the gas stations I would like to compare the different positions of the Gas stations and find the one with the least detour – and decide weather I’d rather make a detour to reach one of the closest one (maybe also my favorite brand) and maybe a more distant one which is directly on my track.

For this I would like to see the current track, my current position and the  POI (all three of them are displayed already I think but am not sure because the maps don’t stay long enough). If you auto-adjust the zoom according to the selected POI it becomes hard to grasp the distance between the different POIs, so it would be faster if the zoom level could be fixed manually and for example you select a distant one and when you select the close ones the zoom level does not change and hence you see the same map image and only the position of the green flag (POI of the gas station) change – so much easier to find the POI you like best…

But 1) and 2) would be the most important changes…

hope that makes it clearer, otherwise I do some screenshots tonight…