Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    pramach
    Participant

Hi

on current beta, when loading maps, the button shows “Runterladen” and on the right column for the map overview, it say “Runtergeladen:”.
    That’s somehow a bit like german slang 😉
    Especially when loading a map, the button says “Download abbrechen”.

Better would be for the button “Download” (in order to be consistent with button while loading), “Laden”, “Karte laden” or just “Installieren” and in the right column “Geladen”, “Karte geladen” or “Installiert”.

In case you prefer to have also a better naming for “Download abbrechen”, you can also use “Laden abbrechen” or “Installation abbrechen”.

Just my view on this.

João Pereira
    Keymaster

I sent this to the translator.

Thank you!

DMD2 Project Manager & Lead Developer
    Contribute to DMD2 Translations | Buy Me a Coffee

raschaa
    Participant

As the translator I beg to differ… It’s in the German dictionary so from my point of view definitely not “slang”

https://www.duden.de/konjugation/runterladen

• This reply was modified 9 months ago by raschaa.

test

pramach
    Participant

Well, in the link you refer, the word is marked as “Usage: colloquial”, which I rephrased as “somehow a bit like german slang”.

To mention this precisely: the current phrase is not wrong, I just listed some (from my point of view) better alternatives.

Anyhow, I leave it up to you guys.

olarf
    Participant

Thanks for a really good translation! I just see today the advice “Sharf links” instead of “Scharf links”. Looks like a typo mistake. Nothing important but I thought it’s worth to report it.

raschaa
    Participant

JO, Danke!

Gucke ich mir bei Zeiten an… gibt zZt nicht viel zu übersetzen also wird es ‘ne Weile dauern bis zum nächsten Update.

Gruß

ra

• This reply was modified 2 months, 3 weeks ago by raschaa.

test

olarf
    Participant

Prima, ist ja nix eiliges.

Gruß

Olaf

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.