Viewing 8 posts - 21 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    peds650
    Participant

My tablet is mounted on a KTM 1290 SAR, for size comparison.  The android version is 12,  I’m not overly tech savvy but it seems to work fine.

As far as visibility goes I have had no issues so far, it appears to be as good as the Garmin and the bikes own screen.

I may swap the mount location to where the Garmin is, as it is distracting looking down to where it is mounted at the moment.

The next decision is whether to bite the bullet and purchase the Adventure controller.

I will give the magnetic connectors a go and maybe use some silicone grease at the port, I use one to power my Sena 10c and it works well.

krede99
    Participant

How does the RT3 compare to the Samsung active 2?

What’s better and worse if anything?

klaasbloem
    Participant

The Active 2 is older and has lower specs but the screen is brighter, 500 nits vs 400 nits for the RT3.

For comparison, I use a 6,3 inch Galaxy Note 8 with a beautiful 3K QHD+ (2960×1440 pixels) and 1200 nits bright AMOLED screen. Only wish it had a 16:9 screen aspect ratio.

• This reply was modified 11 months, 3 weeks ago by klaasbloem.
    LeoT3
    Participant

I use the Aukitel RT3 with the beta version and it works just fine, including with the OBD link.

Very pleased with this combo!

The Aukitel RT3 is not the fastest processor on the market, but you have an 8 Inch rugged tablet for 150€…. Very good deal for the meantime, we will see how long it lasts.

Tiger 900 RP

krede99
    Participant

I’ve been using the Aukitel RT3 for some weeks now. I also have the Carpe Iter adventure controller which I have had for more than a year and used with other devices without below issue.

When using the controller with the RT3 tablet quite often I have to re-enable the controller software and re-set the DMDV2 as launcher app.
    Anyone else experiencing similar behaviour?

/Christian

peds650
    Participant

The tablet is held in a RAM-HOL-TAB12U :: RAM Tab-Tite Universal Spring Loaded Holder For 8″ Tablets With Case, I have packed it out with some 5mm foam.  This is mounted on a KTM 1290 Super Adventure R / S ’21- GPS Mount by SW-Motech

peds650
    Participant

The tablet is held in a RAM® Tab-Tite™ Universal Spring Loaded Holder for 8″ Tablets with Case, this is mounted to a SW Motech vibration dampened GPS mount.

castigamatti
    Participant

This is my setup on SWM RS500R:
    carbon tower
    oukitel rt3 housed in tpu case.
    Traveled over 2000 km of Motorally GPX.

no problems to report.

All the material comes from Lynxtechmoto, reliable….

Viewing 8 posts - 21 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.